Pete Edochie is one of Nigeria’s best actors of all time. He is well known for the use of proverbs, both funny and very wise ones, to address situations in his movies and also in real life situations.
We decided to make a compilation of all his wise and profound quotes. For his funny quotes please read them here).
(1) A person who sells eggs should not start a fight in the market.
(2) If you sell a drum in your own village, you get the money and keep the sound.
(3) If you sell your father’s land to buy a trumpet where will you stand to blow it?
(4) People often say motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That is why we recommend it daily.
(5) Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber.
(6) Beware of the naked man who offers you clothes.
(7) And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.
(8) If A Man Wants To Grow A Long Tooth, He Should Have The Lip To Cover it.
(9) The death of a lion cannot be announced by a goat.
(10) No matter how hard the leopard tries to cover its spots with the harmattan dust, when the rain comes, it must be exposed.
(11) You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep
(12) Your continued stay is an extension of your irrelevance
(13) The lion that is the king isn’t the only lion that could be king,he fought his way to be at that position
(14) The coward points people to the direction where the brave man is buried
(15) A Child Who Bites Her Mothers Nipple While Breastfeeding,invites The painful left hand of the mother on the buttocks
(16) The child that dances to Surugede does not know that Surugede is the song of the spirits.
(17) When a thief kisses you, count your teeth
(18) Under special arrangement, devil can see God. Don’t give up.
(19) The crocodile when asked why he is going to deep end does not reply by showing his teeth
(20) You are the pendulum of my life, if you stop swinging, then, I am gone
(21) The silent snare of a tiger is not a sign of cowardice
(22) When an in-law visits too often, he is asked to fetch firewood. Familiarity gives rise to contempt; Use absence to create self value and increase respect.
(23) No matter the number of push-ups an agama does, it will never become a crocodile
(24) When a lion enters a market place.. Both the Goat seller and the Goat will run away.
(25) The cassava under the ground does not know that his brother that was uprooted has turned to manure
(26) A secret between two friends is best kept with one dead
(27) He whom the gods want to kill, they first make mad
(28) The iroko tree only complained about the cut from the axe because the handle is made of wood.
(29) He who lives near the river bank, never runs out of water.
(30) Since the bird has learnt to fly without perching, the hunter has also learnt to shoot without missing.
(31) A dog that is about to die doesn’t hear the call of it’s owner.
(32) No matter how fast you are you cannot overtake your shadow
(33) No matter how nice you are to a goat, it will still eat your cassava
(34) He who goes to sleep with an itching anus, wakes up with smelly fingers.
(35) The shaking of the scrotum of a He-goat doesn’t mean it’s about to fall
(36) Before accusing others of smelling, remember your mouth is nearer to your nose
See funny pictures of "What I Ordered Vs What I Received"
Get latest Nigerian songs here
Watch comedy videos here
Read fiction stories here!
Follow Us On Instagram