Barcelona, Real Madrid, and Juventus are reportedly set to be banned from the Champions League this week.
The three European giants are facing disciplinary proceedings from FIFA over their plans to form the European Super League.
They have insisted that they are within their rights to form a new competition and claim that UEFA and FIFA have no right to get in their way.
Of the dozen clubs to form the new breakaway league outside UEFA’s control, only Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus are still on board.
The other nine, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, Chelsea, and Manchester City, signed a letter of apology to UEFA and pledged to give £12.9m to grassroots football.
La Liga president and UEFA Executive Committee member Javier Tebas said on Tuesday, June 1, that Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus should be ‘scared’ of the outcome of UEFA’s disciplinary proceedings against them.
And Italian outlet la Repubblica claims the three clubs will be kicked out of the Champions League this week.
‘The ones that have to be scared are Real Madrid and Barcelona,’ Tebas told ESPN. ‘I don’t want to imagine a Champions [League] without them but it can happen.
‘More than a sanction, UEFA may opt not to register Madrid, and Barca in the Champions. I think they could be left out. They should be scared.’
Barcelona’s president pledged last week to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if UEFA take sanctions.
‘I told [UEFA president Aleksander] Ceferin that we were not going to apologize and that we were not going to pay a fine that is unjustifiable. If they fine us, we will go to the CAS,” Joan Laporta said.
‘We will fight to protect the interests of Barcelona and to develop a model of football that is sustainable. All clubs are losing money.”
See funny pictures of "What I Ordered Vs What I Received"
Get latest Nigerian songs here
Watch comedy videos here
Read fiction stories here!
Follow Us On Instagram