Three family members and maid die after eating poisoned food in Enugu

Three family members, including their maid have passed away after they consumed a food suspected to have poisonous substance.

This happened in Ugbo Paul, a suburb of Abakpa Nike, in Enugu State and according to reports only their nine-month-old baby girl survived because she didn’t eat the food.

The family members are Mr Lawrence Chukwu; his wife, Chizoba; their daughter, Nazareth; and the maid, Ukamaka.

One Mrs Dominic Gloria, who’s their neighbour said;

“We woke up on Saturday morning and found the family members struggling for life. We didn’t know what was wrong with them and they were immediately rushed to the 82 Division Army Hospital. Later that day, their maid died.

“After a series of tests, we learnt that the food they ate before they went to sleep on Friday night was contaminated with a poisonous substance. Unfortunately, all efforts to save them failed, as the man and his wife died on Saturday, and on Tuesday morning, their two-year-old daughter equally died.”

Mother of late Chizoba, Mrs Elizabeth Nwankwo, also confirmed the news and said;

“So, when I got there, I saw my daughter and her husband lying speechless. I took the remains of the house help to her parents for burial and before I came back, my daughter and her husband had equally died. This morning (Tuesday), their two-year-old daughter that I was hoping would survive died.”

According to Mrs Nwankwo, the dead body of her grandchild had been taken to her home town in Ameta Mgbo, in the Awgu LGA of Enugu State for burial, while the bodies of the couple were in a morgue.

She revealed that hospital informed her that the food the family ate was poisonous.

Follow Us On Instagram




Read fiction stories here



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.